Cigarette May Have Sparked Fire At Owasso Restaurant


Sunday, April 10th 2016, 3:28 pm

By: News On 6


Firefighters believe a discarded cigarette started a fire that forced the evacuation of Owasso's Cracker Barrel restaurant Sunday afternoon.

Owasso and Limestone Fire Departments got the call at around 2 p.m. in the 9400 block of North Owasso Expressway. 

Firefighters arrived to find the fire burning on an outside wall. They say a cigarette thrown on the ground may have caught some mulch on fire, which then spread to the wall.  

No injures were reported.

Power to the restaurant was shut down for a short time but firefighters quickly restored it so food in the freezer wouldn't spoil.

logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News on 6 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

April 10th, 2016

April 18th, 2022

April 18th, 2022

April 18th, 2022

Top Headlines

November 26th, 2022

November 26th, 2022

November 26th, 2022

November 26th, 2022