Watermelon Strawberry Basil Quinoa Salad
Friday, June 26th 2015, 2:17 pm
By: News On 6
gluten-free // yields 6+ side-dish servings· 1 batch lemon shallot dressing- See recipe below· 3 cups cooked quinoa
· 1 ½ cups watermelon, 1/4-1/2-inch cubes
· 1 ½ cups strawberries, hulled + chopped
· Goat cheese, crumbled
· Basil, thinly sliced
· Sliced Almonds or Marcona Almonds
· Lemon, strawberries, salt, pepper, to garnish
1. After quinoa has cooked, let cool and then place in the fridge until fully chilled. (Plate just before serving.)
2. Toss quinoa and fruit together with as much dressing as desired and place in a large bowl/platter or in individual serving cups. Top with crumbled goat cheese, sliced basil, almonds, and a honey drizzle. Add other garnishes if desired. Serve immediately.
Lemon Shallot Dressing
gluten-free // yields +1/2 cup
· 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
· ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
· 2 teaspoons minced shallot
· 1 ½ teaspoons honey
· 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a jar, seal the jar, and shake vigorously to incorporate the honey.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve and shake before pouring. Flavors deepen as it sits.