The Oral Roberts offense was held to just three hits through four innings, but timely hits and two sacrifices proved to be the deciding factors as the team shutout Western Illinois, 2-0.
- Senior infielder Dean Wilson finished 2-for-3 in the game for his second consecutive multiple hit game in a row.
- Matt Whatley picked up two hits on the night and is swinging the bat at a clip of .421 in the last four contests.
- JuniorGuillermo Trujillo tossed six innings and struck out five on his way to his team leading ninth win.
- Sean Leary tossed two innings in relief allowing only one hit and striking out two.
- Two-way man Anthony Sequeira closed out the game for the Golden Eagles, shutting down the Leathernecks in the ninth for his ninth save of the year.
Inside the Box Score
- Whatley extended his hitting streak to 13 games and has tallied two hits in each of his last four games.
- ORU has won 26 of their last 30 games dating back to March 20.
- ORU has outscored Western Illinois 36-1 through four games this season.
- The Golden Eagles have recorded five shutouts on the season.
- Chase Stafford opened the fifth inning with a leadoff hit-by-pitch. He advanced to second on a balk and to third on a bunt single by Matt Whatley. Derrian James drove him in on a groundout to shortstop to put the Golden Eagles on top, 1-0.
- With the bases loaded in the eighth, Noah Cummings picked up an RBI on a sacrifice fly to right field to add an insurance run and make it a 2-0 Golden Eagle lead.
ORU returns to action Friday as it continues its series with Western Illinois. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at J.L. Johnson Stadium.