1 can condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can green chili and tomatoes
8 oz reduced fat sour cream
1 lb reduced fat cheese spread (such as Velveeta)
2 cups shredded reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic power
¼ cup chives
3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
6 - 9 white corn tortillas
1. Boil the chicken until it is tender enough to shred or pull apart.
2. Mix together the soup, green chili and tomato sauce, sour cream, cubed cheese spread. Heat in the microwave in one minute intervals until the cheese spread is melted. Stir after each minute. Stir in the chives. Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture.
3. Place a slow cooker liner in the slow cooker for easy clean up or line with aluminum foil.
4. Starting with the chicken, layer the chicken, sauce, shredded cheese and tortillas. Finish with the reserved sauce.
5. Set the slow cooker on low for 4 hours. Garnish with cheese just before serving. Serve with a salad, or your favorite Mexican side dish.
Slow Cooker Tips:
-If you have an insert in your slow cooker, you may put the ingredients together and refrigerate until the next day. While you are getting ready, set the insert out so that it can get to room temperature, about 30 minutes
-When cooking meat, brown or sear it first so that there is more flavor.
-Use less water or liquid. The slow cooker generates steam because you leave the lid on.
-Don't peak, the steam generated is part of the cooking time required. Lifting the lid can cause the temperature to drop into the danger zone.