Police May Have Suspect In Murder Of Teenaged Tulsa Girl

Monday, March 4th 2013, 7:03 pm
By: News On 6

Police say they are waiting on forensic testing from the lab to help them either zero in on a suspect or rule him out in the murder of 18-year-old Gabby Bledsoe.

Gabby was found stabbed to death in her home, by her mother, Saturday morning.

She was the oldest of four children. And Gabby's friends say she was quiet until she got to know you, and then she talked and laughed non-stop.

She had a 3.8 GPA and was taking college prep classes at Rogers High, hoping to become a lawyer.

Some of her classmates wore purple, Gabby's favorite color, on their uniforms to school Monday, in her honor. Others left balloons and stuffed animals at her home.

3/3/2013 Related Story: Tulsa's Rogers High Students Wear Purple In Memory Of 'Gabby'

"I can't even find the words to describe the way I felt when I walked in the house and seen my baby, dead," said Gabby's mother, Lacrecia Bledsoe.

The house still bears signs of this terrible tragedy: a piece of carpet cut out where Gabby was found with a kitchen knife still sticking out of the back of her neck, and fingerprint dust all over the front door.

Her mother and sister had spent the night with a family friend and they came home Saturday morning to find the unthinkable had happened.

"She was laying there in the floor, eyes looking at me. ‘Gabby, what's wrong? Get up, get up! Quit playing baby, get up,'" Lacrecia said.

She said she believes Gabby heard a noise in the night, grabbed a knife from the kitchen, and was trying to go out the front door when the intruder grabbed the knife and used it on Gabby to stop her.

3/2/2013 Related Story: Family Of North Tulsa Teenage Girl Devastated By Her Stabbing Death

"She was tiny. I'm pretty sure whoever did this was bigger than her, stronger than her. You could've pushed her down, ran away; she wasn't going to harm you," Lacrecia said.

Lacrecia believes it's someone she used to date - who she's been having trouble with - someone who broke in without realizing anyone was home, and then things went terribly wrong.

Police collected that man's clothing and his car and are getting warrants for fingerprints and DNA.

"[We're] still looking at him to clear him or focus on him. Don't know which way that will go," said Sgt. Dave Walker.

Lacrecia said she will miss Gabby popping in to check on her, will miss her getting hyped up on candy, will miss her little sayings.

She just can't believe her firstborn child is gone.

"I don't understand it," Lacrecia said.

Police say Gabby was tweeting around midnight Friday night, and her mom says she had missed calls from Gabby's phone from 3:43 to 3:59 a.m. She was found around 8:45 a.m.

Detectives say there weren't any signs of a struggle, and her mom said it looks like someone came in through the kitchen door, and the front door was unlocked, which was unusual.

Gabby's funeral will be Saturday morning.