• 2 cups fresh blueberries
• 2 cups fresh raspberries
• 2 cups fresh strawberries
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• 24 slices (1 1/2 loaf: thin-sliced) Panera's All-Natural White bread
• ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
• ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
1. Toss together blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Set aside, let stand about 35 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350°. Using a pastry brush, generously brush one side of each slice of bread with the butter. Reserve 6 slices; cut remaining slices in half to form 36 rectangles. Line sides and bottom of each cup of a jumbo (6-cup) muffin tin with 6 rectangles, overlapping bread and placing buttered side against tin.
3. Toss berry mixture to combine. Spoon into bread-lined cups. Top each with a reserved bread square, buttered side down; press firmly onto cherries.
4. Bake charlottes until tops and sides are golden and crisp, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer tin to a wire rack; let stand until charlottes have cooled slightly and are just firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Using an offset spatula or knife, loosen sides of charlottes from tin, and unmold; invert onto serving places.
5. Top each charlotte with confectioners sugar.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes