Dee Duren, NewsOn6.com
TULSA, Oklahoma -- Tulsa firefighters rescued a woman from an apartment fire early Sunday morning. The woman was taken to a local hospital to be checked for smoke inhalation but should be all right.
The fire started in the downstairs kitchen of the woman's Columbia Apartments townhouse near 23rd and 109th East Avenue. She was standing out on the second floor balcony when firefighters arrived at about 4:15 a.m. and was helped down using a ladder.
The fire was contained to the kitchen area, according to a Tulsa firefighter.