Police Arrest 4 Juveniles In Deadly Tulsa Crime Spree

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 4:19 pm
By: News On 6

NewsOn6.com & Ashli Sims, News On 6

TULSA, Oklahoma -- Tulsa Police arrested four juvenile boys accused of a deadly crime spree over the weekend.  Two of the four boys are 15 years old, one is 14 years old and the other is 17 years old.

"They were out of the house, no place to go, trying to survive on their own. And this is what they decided would be the best way to make money," Tulsa Police Sergeant Dave Walker said.

Police say the four began their spree Friday night when they allegedly carjacked two victims in a park near 1714 South 123rd East Avenue. Police said the suspects stole two vehicles, a Pontiac Grand Prix and a Chevrolet Malibu.

At 1:15 a.m. Saturday, the four armed juveniles allegedly invaded a home in the 600 block of South 93rd East Avenue and robbed the victims of cash and computers.

According to police, the suspects attempted another carjacking at a park the following evening. The victims, five juvenile males, realized they were about to be robbed and tried to get away, but were pursued by the would-be robbers who opened fire on the car.

"The driver sees somebody with a shotgun and realizes this is not a good place for us to be and backs up as the shotgun shooter fires one round," Walker said.

The car crashed into a tree, killing Corvelle Grayson, 16, and seriously injuring four others.

06/12/2011 Related Story: Neighbors Report Exchange Of Gunfire Before Tulsa Wreck

The four were arrested Monday after police found the stolen Grand Prix parked at a residence near 4800 North Wheeling. That led to an arrest of a 15-year-old shooting suspect which eventually led investigators to another home where the three other suspects were found.

Police found several items stolen from the home invasion and carjacking inside the home.

Two of the teens could face charges for the shooting. All four could face charges for the armed robbery and carjackings.

Tulsa police say the Northern Oklahoma Violent Crimes Task Force assisted in the quick resolution in this case.