Coweta Man Dies From Injuries Suffered In Grass Fire


Monday, January 17th 2011, 9:14 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

COWETA, Oklahoma -- A Coweta man who was in a Tulsa hospital after being burned in a January 3, 2011 grass fire has died.

Calvin Hogan died Friday.  He was 74.

Hogan was hospitalized after trying to stop a brush pile fire from getting out of hand near his home.

Fire officials say Hogan had suffered serious burns to 20 percent of his body; basically everything from the thighs down.

1/5/2011 Related story: Coweta Man Burned In Brush Fire

Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday at the First Baptist Church in Coweta with burial at the Greenwood Cemetery in Porter.

Hogan is survived by his wife, two sons and two daughters, and seven grandchildren.