Paramedics are praising a Luther teenager for his efforts to save his brother's life.
News On 6 reporter Jacqueline Sit reports Brian Bratvold was munching on potato chips Saturday morning when one of them got stuck in his throat. Paramedics say his brother, Lance Robinson's, quick thinking saved his life.
"My brother had dropped the glass and he was gasping for air so I didn't know what to do at the time," Robinson said.
Robinson then grabbed his brother and did the Heimlich Maneuver.
"Then I did it a couple of more times because he wasn't getting no air but I did it at least five times and he finally threw it all up," Robinson said.
Their mom, Debra Bratvold, rushed to call 911.
"There's something about seeing one of your boys doing the Heimlich to another one your boys, I fell apart at that moment," Debra Bratvold said.
Robinson said he learned the Heimlich Maneuver from watching his mom save a child years ago. His mother said the teenager was only 9 years old when that happened.
Robinson will be recognized in a special ceremony next weekend.