1 Crew Member Hospitalized For Smoke Inhalation In Fire At Letterman Theater


Thursday, October 18th 2007, 8:16 am
By: News On 6


NEW YORK (AP) _ A ``Late Show With David Letterman'' crew member was briefly hospitalized for smoke inhalation in a small electrical fire at the building that houses the Ed Sullivan Theater.

Fire officials responded about 10 a.m. Wednesday after a report of an odor of smoke inside the building at 1697 Broadway, where Letterman does his late-night talk show at the historic 80-year-old theater. According to CBS, one crew member was taken to a hospital as a precaution, but then released.

A small fire that originated inside an air conditioning unit was blamed for the smoke. No other injuries were reported, and the Letterman taping _ with guests Rebecca Romijn, Jimmy Walker and LeAnn Rimes _ wasn't delayed.

``Everyone was OK, and they actually believe the fire was started by a disgruntled audience,'' Letterman joked on the show.