Oklahoma offering help in dealing with utility company complaints

Thursday, October 9th 2003, 12:00 am
By: News On 6

Consumers with complaints about Oklahoma utility companies now have a place to go for help.

State officials ask that you first try to work it out problems with your utility company and if you are unable to resolve the problem to call the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.

By taking consumers' calls, the commission is also better able to track problems. Jim Palmer with the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, "we are interested in consumer services at the commission to find out just exactly what the history of problems has been and try to ward them off in the future."

If you want to leave comments, opinions or suggestions, call 1-800-522-8154, or go to their website at www.occ.state.ok.us