Crunchy Pea Salad
Print Thursday, January 01, 2004 Categories: American/Appetizers-Side Dish Yield: 6 - 8 servings Ingredients: 10 oz. pkg. frozen green peas 2/3 cup sour cream 1 tbsp. soy sauce 1 tsp.
Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 4:21 pm
News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- American/Appetizers-Side Dish
- 6 - 8 servings
- 10 oz. pkg. frozen green peas
2/3 cup sour cream
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sesame seeds
1/2 cup celery, finely diced
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
2 oz. pkg. slivered almonds
8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Lettuce leaves to arrange under salad
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, soy sauce, olive oil, sesame seeds. Set the dressing aside. Place frozen peas in a mixing bowl. (Do not thaw). Then add the celery, peanuts, almonds, water chestnuts, onions and bacon (optional). Pour the dressing over the pea mixture. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Check your seasonings. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
Arrange lettuce on platter or in serving bowl. Spoon the pea salad on top. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Ken Oliver, "Cooking with Ken" E-mail questions: email@example.com