Today at the Cooking Corner, Michelle Bonicelli with Tulsa's OSU Extension Center shows us a fun recipe for recipe for Fall Granola Bars.
You can check out more recipes like at NewsOn6.com/recipes.
• 3 cups quick-cooking oats
• 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds
• 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
• 3/4 cup honey, more if needed
• 1/8 cup Chia Seeds
• 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
• 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
• 1/4 cup dried cranberries
• 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until well combined. Add more honey if
needed to hold shape.
2. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to fall over the edges. Press the oat
mixture into the pan.
3. Place in the freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until firm. Remove paper from pan, cut the large
square in half, cut each half into 6 rectangles. Wrap bars individually with parchment paper or
plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
NOTE: Peanuts or cashews can be used instead of almonds.
Alternatives: add-in: 1/8 cup of the following:
flaxseed meal, peanut butter chips, raisins, chopped prunes, etc.
Add a Tablespoon more honey for each addition.