With Christmas on the way, some may be looking for fun festive treat ideas. Our good friend Courtnay Grider stopped by News On 6 at 4 to show us how to make two holiday-themed desserts that are perfect for a Christmas party or even having some fun in the kitchen with your kids.
Santa Hat Brownie Bites
Brownie Bits – Can be found pre-made at the grocery store
Whip Cream or Frosting
How to make:
1. Arrange brownie bites on a tray. 2. Swirl frosting on top of each brownie. 3. Cut off the top of the strawberry. Place cut side down on top of the icing/whip cream. 4. Dot the top of each strawberry with a tiny bit of frosting. 7. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
1 brownie box mix, prepared according to box directions
Chocolate Frosting & White Icing
Small pretzel twists (for the antlers)
How to make:
1. Prepare Brownies according to the direction on the box. Once cooled cut into triangle pieces, this will be the reindeer's body.
2. Apply icing to the back of two pretzels and place it at the top of the brownie. This will be the reindeer “antlers”.
3. Apply two white dots of icing into the center of the triangle. This is where you will place two candy eyeballs to create the reindeer's face.
4. Apply a dot of white icing to the bottom of the triangle. Place a red M&M onto it to create Rudolph’s nose.
Serve when Finished & Enjoy your tasty cute treats!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year