Panera Bread Pudding With Caramel Raisin Sauce
Bread Pudding Ingredients:
4-5 cups day-old bread, cut or torn into 1-inch pieces (Cinnamon Raisin)
2/3 cup dried currants or chopped dried fruit of your choice: raisin, apricots, dates, etc.
½ cup sugar
3 ½ cups milk
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter
Bread Pudding Directions:
1. Place the bread pieces in a large shallow bowl and pour the milk over them, making sure that all the bread is moistened. Allow this to sit for up to an hour (the longer you soak the bread, the more moist the pudding will be.)
2. Preheat the oven to 325° and butter a 2 quart baking dish.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs well; then add the sugar and beat again until well mixes.
4. Add nutmeg and vanilla and mix again.
5. Pour this moisture over the bread and milk mixture, then add the chopped dried fruit and toss well.
6. Pour the pudding into the baking dish, dot with butter and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until it is set in the middle and browned on top.
7. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and Caramel Raisin Sauce
Caramel Raisin Sauce Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup cream
½ cup golden raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla
Caramel Raisin Sauce Directions:
1. In saucepan, heat the butter or margarine. Add the brown sugar, slowly stirring constantly.
2. Remove from heat and add the cream slowly. Heat 1 minute.
3. Stir in raisins and vanilla.
4. Refrigerate sauce; reheat in microwave to serve.