Tulsa Highway Message Boards To Display Traffic Delay Times
TULSA, Oklahoma - The overhead message boards along highways and interstates in Tulsa will soon be a new tool against traffic delays. The Oklahoma Department of Transportation plans to display traffic information over the next few months on the 18 overhead messages boards in and around the metro area.
ODOT will test the boards from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday.
"Once implemented, the estimated travel times to the next highway interchange will display Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. and also between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m., which are considered peak travel times," ODOT said in a news release.
ODOT did not give an implementation date for the start of traffic display times.
The signs are already used for emergency alerts such as Amber and Silver Alerts, in cooperation with the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety and the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority.
They list the dynamic message board locations including:
- Westbound I-44 & 145th E. Ave.
- Westbound SH-51 & 129th E. Ave.
- Northbound US-169 & 71st St. South
- Westbound I-44 & 56th St. West
- Eastbound I-244 & Southwest Blvd.
- Eastbound US-412 & 41st W. Ave.
- North and southbound US-169 & Memorial Dr.
- Eastbound Turner Turnpike in Sapulpa
- North and southbound US-75 & 81st St. South
- East and westbound I-44 at Memorial Dr.
- East and westbound I-44 at Harvard Ave.