Former Candle Factory Catches Fire In Pretty Water
CREEK COUNTY, Oklahoma - Sapulpa Firefighters put out a fire Thursday morning at a former candle factory in Pretty Water, which is about six miles northwest of Sapulpa.
Sapulpa Fire Battalion Chief Steve Fleak said firefighters aren't sure of the cause but that it might be electrical since most of the damage was to the front quarter of the building in an office area.
SFD arrived at about 7:09 and saw smoke coming out of the building, which was unoccupied since the candle company shut down about a year and a half ago.
Smoke damage was reported throughout the building, Fleak said.
David Bush, former owner of Pretty Water Candle Company, said the factory used to manufacture 2,500 candles a day, which were mostly used for fundraisers.
Bush said the building was used as storage since the closing of the business and that several valuable things were lost in the fire, such as antique furniture, including a credenza worth about $20,000.
Hear more on this story from Dave Davis at noon on the News On 6.