Dark Chocolate Covered Mandarins With Sea Salt
- 5 mandarin oranges
- ½ c. dark chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
- Peel the mandarin oranges.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or with the help of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and add shortening, if desired. Adding shortening is optional - it helps make the chocolate super smooth and easier to work with. Using only melted chocolate will work fine as well.
- Dip each slice halfway into the melted chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and repeat until all slices are evenly coated and sprinkled with salt.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.