Cream Cheese Flan
- ½ cup sugar, granulated
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¾ cup sugar, granulated
- 1-12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bring the ½ cup of sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan until sugar has dissolved.
- Cook until dark brown about 3 minutes or 340°
- Carefully spoon a small amount into the bottom of the ramekin.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a container and using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
- Ladle the custard into prepared ramekin, filling about ½ inch from the top of ramekin.
- Place ramekins in a baking pan and fill the pan with boiling water halfway up the ramekin.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes until set.
- After cooled, run a small knife around the edge of flan and flip onto a plate.
- Garnish with fruit as desired.