Mocha Cream Pie
Natalie Mikles, Made in Oklahoma, shares a recipe for a sweet treat.
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 5 tablespoons Braum’s butter
1. Crush cookies in a food processor. Or place cookies in a plastic sealed bag, leaving it slightly open to let air out, and crush cookies by rolling and smashing with a rolling pin.
2. Place crumbs in bowl. Stir in butter, mixing with a fork. Press crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill 30 minutes before filling.
- 2 Bedre milk chocolate bars (total of 4 ounces)
- 2 cups Braum’s Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ cup plus 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Griffin’s vanilla extract
- 8-ounce package Braum’s cream cheese
- ¼ cup Campadres brewed coffee, cooled
1. Chop chocolate bars. Place in a microwave-safe bowl, warming at 50 percent power for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Once melted, set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, mix heavy cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add ¼ cup powdered sugar and vanilla extract, continuing to whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar together until combined. Slowly add coffee, mixing until combined. Add melted chocolate, mixing on low speed until combined.
4. Add 2 cups of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture, folding to combine. Pour into pie crust, smoothing to the edges.
5. Top with remaining whipped cream. Top with chocolate curls from a Bedre chocolate bar. Refrigerate pie for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Note: For the best chocolate curls, place a Bedre chocolate bar in the freezer, then use a vegetable peeler across the chocolate to make curls.