Andolini's Cinco De Cuatro Pizza
Monday, June 17th 2019, 1:34 PM CDT
- 1 14-oz. dough
- 7 to 9 oz. of shredded or diced mozzarella
- 10 large slices of pepperoni
- 1 cup of sliced fully cooked Calabrian sausage
- 3 whole jalapeños, fried and then sliced
- 1 tablespoon of “hot honey” — add chili oil to honey, to taste, to make hot honey
- 1 tablespoon of pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees and preheat a pizza stone in your oven, if you have one. Ideally, give the stone and oven 30 minutes to come fully to temperature before baking the pie.
- In the meantime, push out your dough to form a 14” pizza crust. Place on a lightly oiled pan for easy transfer to the stone when it’s time to bake.
- Sprinkle your pizza dough with mozzarella, leaving the outer 1" clear. Layer your pepperoni and then sausage on the pizza. Top with fried jalapeño slices.
- Transfer pizza to hot stone. Bake until crust is golden brown, and the cheese is bubbly (about 10 to 12 minutes in most cases).
- Remove pizza from oven, and top with a swirl of your hot honey and a sprinkling of pecorino Romano cheese.
- Slice and serve!