Wilted Baby Greens
Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 2:20 pm
By: News On 6
BOK Executive Chef Devin Levine shares a recipe for wilted baby greens with with hot bacon dressing in a parmesan basket.
- 8 slices bacon, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbl Dijon mustard
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon salt
- Several grinds fresh black pepper
- 6 oz baby greens
- 8 oz white cap mushrooms
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 6 ea parmesan baskets
- Place the bacon in a medium nonstick skillet and fry over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes, add shallots to saute until translucent.
- While the bacon cooks, start the dressing: in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add to skillet with bacon & onion and whisk to emulsify.
- Pour hot dressing over baby greens and toss with the mushrooms to coat evenly. Divide the salad between parmesan baskets and top with chopped egg & goat cheese, serve immediately.