World Championship Bevo Brisket
Tuesday, September 25th 2018, 11:36 am
By: News On 6
- 1 Bevo Brisket Flat, 6-8 lbs.
- Joe’s All Purpose Seasoning
- Joe’s Great Grill Seasoning
- 1- Texan to cry like a baby
- Fire up your Grill/Smoker as per the instructions in the manual.
- Make sure to build the fire next to one side of the grill, or in the Firebox so that you cook with indirect heat.
- Trim brisket to have no more than ¼ inch of fat inside and out.
- Liberally apply Joe BBQ All Purpose Rub and Joe BBQ Steak Rub.
- Once charcoal is ready to cook on, add a few wood chunks to the fire.
- Cook brisket (unwrapped) at 250ºF to 275ºF using indirect heat and smoke for 4 hours flipping every hour. Make sure brisket is positioned away from the coal bed, near the smoke stack. Add charcoal and wood as needed to maintain cooking temperature.
- After brisket has cooked 4 hours, place brisket in foil.
- Continue to cook for approximately 3 hours at 275 to 300 degrees
- Pull brisket from cooker and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour before slicing and serving. Slice against the grain for best results.
*Make sure that brisket reaches a minimum internal meat temperature of 190F. For best results, keep brisket from exceeding 200ºF.