Meat Lovers Cheesy Omelet Melt
Thursday, August 9th 2018, 2:18 pm
By: News On 6
- 2 Slices Texas Toast Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices American Cheese
- 2 Slices Vermont White Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Slices Deli Ham (1 Slice Chopped)
- 5 Slices Bacon- Cooked (2 Slices Chopped)
- 1 Piece Breakfast Sausage- Cooked and Chopped
- ¼ Cup Butter- Melted
- Pre heat a stove top griddle or large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat.
- Using a pastry brush butter each slice of Texas toast on one side and then cut a square out of the center of each slice. Remove the center cut out pieces and set to the side.
- In a small mixing bowl scramble together eggs, chopped deli ham, chopped bacon and breakfast sausage.
- Place each “crust” piece of Texas toast buttered side down on the pre-heated griddle/pan.
- Pour the scrambled egg mixture into the center of each piece of Texas toast, making sure to divide the mixture evenly. Allow to cook for 1 minute then place the cut-out center of the bread on top of the egg mixture in the center and then flip each piece over using a spatula. Allow to cook for another minute and flip over again.
- After you flip each piece over for a second time place a slice of American cheese on top of each slice Texas toast, followed by a slice of the white cheddar on top of the American cheese.
- While waiting for the cheese to melt heat the sliced deli ham up by placing on the griddle/pan for about 10 seconds on each side. After the ham is hot place on top of the cheese on one slice and remove from the heat. Now add the cooked slices of bacon on top of the ham and close the sandwich with the other half. Gently press the sandwich together and cut in half.