Very Cherry Cheesecake Sundaes
Friday, July 27th 2018, 2:54 pm
By: News On 6
Cherry Sauce Ingredients:
- Cherries 1 lb
- Sugar 1/2 C
- Cornstarch 2T
- Cold Water 3 oz
- Orange Juice 3 oz
- Orange Zest 1/2 t
Cherry Sauce Procedure:
- Remove stems and pits from fresh Cherries.
- Combine Sugar and Cornstarch in a bowl.
- Add Water and Orange Juice to sauté pan. Whisk in Sugar/Cornstarch blend.
- Stir over medium heat until thick.
- Add pitted Cherries and Orange Zest. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 min.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool. Refrigerate before using.
Very Cherry Cheesecake Sundaes Recipe:
- Cherry Sauce (see recipe above)
- Deeply Chilled Slices of The Cheesecake Factory’s Original and/or Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Use an ice cream scoop to form a round scoop of Deeply Chilled Cheesecake and place it in the bottom of a Mason Jar.
- Top the Cheesecake scoop with a large spoonful of Cherry Sauce, followed by a dollop of Whipped Cream.
- Top the Whipped Cream with another scoop of Deeply Chilled Cheesecake, followed by another large spoonful of Cherry Sauce and another dollop of whipped cream.
- Garnish with chocolate chips and enjoy.
Note: For picnics, place the lid on the Mason Jar and keep in a cooler until ready to serve.