Margarita Fried Pollock With Plantain Mash & Asparagus
Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 4:35 pm
By: News On 6
- Red potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Fish- Pollock Fillets
- Margarita mix
- Red Pepper
- Yellow Pepper
- Sweet Chili sauce
Recipe for the margarita fried pollock
- First get a pan and pour 1 cup of oil in the pan then bring the frying temperature up to 350 degrees to fry the fish. Next mix wet ingredients together and set aside in bowl to marinade. Then mix dry ingredients together and set to the side for frying purposes. Afterwards take the fish fillets and batter them with wet and dry mix then repeat giving them a second coding for a thicker breading on the fillets. Then place fillets in the pan and flip only once till golden brown.
- Recipe for Plantain mash
- While the fish is cooking grab a pan and put potatoes in the pan cover with water and bring them to a boil. Once tender drain the potatoes and mash them with the plantain and season the mash with milk, butter and salt and pepper.
Recipe for kiwi salsa
- While the Potatoes are boiling cut your vegetables and fruits for the kiwi salsa. Once everything is cut place in bowl and mix with honey, sweet chili sauce and lime juice. This gives the fish that Caribbean flare.
- The long these ingredients marinade the more intense the salsa becomes.
Recipe for sautéed asparagus
- Once finishes sauté asparagus in pan with lemon juice and zest salt and pepper and cook till slightly tender. Finally slice the plantains and fry them in oil for garnish on top of the plantain mash.
- After everything is cooked plate your dish and you have a tasty Caribbean treat for all your friends and family.