Friday, June 8th 2018, 3:59 pm
By: News On 6
- 16 oz. pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 20 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 TBSP diced San Marzano tomatoes (approximately 10 tomatoes)
- Fresh Basil, Julienned (to taste)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to drizzle over finished rolls
- Pre-heat your oven to 450° F. Use cooking spray to prepare a baking sheet.
- Push out the dough into a rectangle, 15” on the long side and approximately 9” on the short side.
- Spread pesto over dough, leaving outside margin of approximately 1” pesto-free.
- Sprinkle most of mozzarella cheese over pesto, reserving 4 to 5 ounces
- Using a sharp knife, trim off bottom “border” of dough from one long side.
- Beginning with the trimmed edge, roll the dough up so that you end up with one long “tube” of dough approximately 15” long.
- Cut ends from dough.
- Cut dough tube into 10 equal pieces… each roll should be about 1.5” thick.
- Place rolls cut sides up on baking sheet (they will look like miniature green cinnamon rolls).
- Sprinkle rolls with remaining cheese.
- Bake until dough is lightly browned and cheese is bubbly - about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place hot rolls on serving plate.
- Top each roll with diced tomatoes, julienned basil, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Serve hot. Makes 10.