Breakfast Granola Fruit Tart With Yogurt
Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 1:45 pm
By: News On 6
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats - Quaker
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, coconut yogurt, or almond yogurt
- 4 cups mixed fruit, for topping, (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apples)
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Mix the oats, nuts, seeds, melted oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon together in a bowl until thoroughly coated.
- Press about 3 tablespoons of the mixture into 8 greased mini tart pans. Use the back of an oiled spoon to help press the granola evenly across the pan and up the sides.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven for about 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden.
- Immediately after removing the tart shells from the oven, use the back of the spoon to press down the centers of the crust to create more of an indentation, and push up the sides. The shell puffs up in the oven, so it helps to reshape the crust after it bakes while still hot.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before removing.
- Use a small knife to gently release the sides of the crust, working around each side, then very carefully remove it from the pan, turning over if needed into your hand. The crust should be crisp on the sides and hold together, but will be delicate.
- Fill each tart with 3 to 4 tablespoons yogurt, smooth out evenly.
- Arrange the fruit on top and serve immediately. The crust will become a little soggy if left to sit for too long.