A City of Tulsa transit bus stopped early Wednesday after reports indicated the driver and a few passengers became ill. It happened around 8:30 a.m. in the 2500 block of South Harvard.
Tulsa Transit said a driver and four passengers were on board when the bus overheated. The driver instructed passengers to get off after smelling the odor, the City of Tulsa said in an email.
"No passengers came into contact with any chemicals," said Randy Cloud, director of maintenance.
"The bus did smell of hot antifreeze, but the coolant leak was confined to the engine."
The transit department for any inconvenience caused by the breakdown of the Lift vehicle. They could not confirm whether anyone was made ill by the odor.