Demarco Of Brooklyn Pizza
Friday, August 11th 2017, 2:03 pm
By: News On 6
- Traditional pizza dough tossed, stretched, or gently shaped
- San Marzano tomato base
- Traditional fresh whole milk mozzarella - buy it whole then slice it
- Fresh basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Use a hot oven, 500 degrees is best, and a pre-heated pizza stone (let it heat up from cold with the oven, and let it heat 30 minutes to an hour)
- Spread tomato base in a medium layer on your dough, leaving the outside 1” bare.
- Place mozzarella slices on the pizza, letting some cover parts of the bare outside crust.
- Bake the pizza for 7 to 10 minutes, then remove from oven and lay on fresh basil leaves.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle a handful of grated Pecorino Romano cheese over the whole thing.