A medical examiner's report on the death of a 9-month-old boy found in a mop bucket of water said an autopsy shows what caused his death but can't say how it came about.
Jaxon Annuschat was found unconscious in a mop bucket in a bedroom of his home in the 6300 block of West 11th Place on March 6, 2017.
He died at Saint John Medical Center the next day.
Jaxon drowned, the report states, but it also notes that the manner of death is undetermined as "multiple varied explanations have been presented by Mr. Annuschat's caregiver for how the infant ended up in a prone position in a mop bucket that contained water."
Jaxon's mother, Heather Freeman, told police the baby was in bed with her and apparently rolled off the bed into the bucket.
The report notes the infant had a small contusion and abrasion on his right forehead and a bruise on the back of the neck.
His urine tested positive for methamphetamine and amphetamine, the ME states. The toxicology report also detected midazolam and phenobarbital in the baby's blood, but those findings could not be confirmed, the ME says.
The report notes Jaxon's mother tested positive for cannabinoids and amphetamine while pregnant although the baby tested positive only for the cannabinoids.