Grand Cru Surchoix Cheese Fondue
Tuesday, May 9th 2017, 11:26 am
By: News On 6
- ½ Cup Pinot Grigio
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 6 oz World Champion Grand Cru Surchoix Cheese Blend
- 1 teaspoon chopped scallions
- Begin by tossing the shredded cheese with a tablespoon of cornstarch until it is coated completely. This will help the cheese to come together in the end and will result in a perfectly smooth fondue.
- Add Pinot Grigio to the liner or top bowl part of a double-boiler.
- Add shallots and Dijon Mustard. Allow to simmer for at least 30 seconds while stirring.
- Add 1/3 of the cheese blend using the tongs, mix thoroughly using fork.
- Add an additional 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Add remaining 1/3 of cheese and mix thoroughly until all cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Use whipping motion to fluff up the cheese.
- Add scallions as garnish across the top of the cheese fondue.
- Enjoy with bite-size vegetables, cubed bread, apples or chips.