Citrus Bow Tie Pasta
Monday, April 24th 2017, 2:49 pm
News On 6
- 1 pound bow tie pasta, preferably whole wheat or spelt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/3 cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add avocado, green onion, feta, tomato, and cilantro.
- Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil and drizzle over the warm pasta.
- Toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or cold.