Andolini’s Perfect Summer Salad
Friday, July 15th 2016, 1:37 pm
By: News On 6
- Field greens
- Sliced Brie
- Granny Smith apples
- Candied walnuts
- Honey vinaigrette
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
Directions: [Candied walnuts]
- Put 2 cups of sugar in a non-Teflon pot and slowly melt it until it caramelizes.
- Remove from heat, then add 4 cups of walnuts and mix quickly to coat the walnuts before the caramel dries.
- Leave alone to set up for an hour at room temp, then break apart for use.
Directions: [Honey vinaigrette]
- Take a cup of olive oil, a cup of honey and a cup of red wine vinegar, mix thoroughly.
- Squeeze a lemon on top and mix again.
- Coat your field greens with desired amount of honey vinaigrette
- Add the candied walnuts on top.
- Add 7 slices of brie cheese cut long way along with crisscross pieces of granny smith apple.
- Add some thin lines of honey on top to complete the salad.