Zoodles Marinara With Kalamata Olives
Thursday, May 26th 2016, 8:19 am
By: News On 6
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of your favorite marinara sauce, or more as needed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh chopped basil, to taste
- Spiralize the zucchini to make zoodles.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat and add the olive oil and garlic.Sauté for 1 minute.
- Drop in zoodles and sauté for several more minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce, basil, and olives and cook until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top if desired.
- Get creative by adding different spices (thyme, oregano, fresh basil, etc.) to the cooked zoodles or try different sauces and foods (pesto, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, etc.) to get a variety of flavors. Or simply cook the zoodles and top with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese or your favorite parmesan.