Prosecutors are asking for a delay in the upcoming trial of former Tulsa County reserve deputy Bob Bates.
Bates says he accidentally pulled his gun instead of his Taser when he shot and killed suspect Eric Harris last year.
The trial is set to start on April 18.
District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler says his office was just provided more than 2,000 pages of defense discovery materials, and the defense has just identified seven expert witnesses they intend to call.
Kunzweiler says he wants a reasonable amount of time to review the documents and interview those witnesses.
12/16/2016 Related Story: Trial For Former Tulsa Reserve Deputy Bob Bates Moved To April