The Oral Roberts baseball team puts its eight-game win streak on the line as the Golden Eagles head to South Dakota State for a three-game Summit League series.
Oral Roberts (18-9, 8-1) vs. South Dakota State (14-11, 5-4)
Game 1: Friday, April 3 – 3 p.m. | Listen | Live Stats
Game 2: Saturday, April 4 – 2 p.m. | Listen | Live Stats
Game 3: Sunday, April 5 – 1 p.m. | Listen | Live Stats
Game Notes: ORU Notes | SDSU Notes
Friday: RHP - Guillermo Trujillo (4-2) vs. RHP - Adam Bray (3-2)
Saturday: RHP - Xavier Altamirano (3-1) vs. LHP - Chris Anderson (3-1)
Sunday: RHP - Kurt Giller (4-3) vs. RHP - Ryan Froom (2-1)
OUT OF THE BOX
• ORU continued its dominance during the mid-week with a 4-2 win over 11th-ranked Oklahoma State. The Golden Eagles improved to 3-1 against the Big 12 and own wins over Oklahoma and No. 12 Texas Tech.
• ORU enters the weekend on an 8-game winning streak and has won 12 of their last 14 games. As the Golden Eagles approach 10 straight wins the last time an ORU team won 10 consecutive was from May 9-24, 2008 when the Golden Eagles rolled off 12 straight wins.
• A quartet of Golden Eagles have seen their average rise above .300 with Audie Afenir and Rolando Martinez hitting .374 and .375 respectively. Martinez ranks 3rd in the Summit League and is nearing the top 100 in the NCAA while Afenir ranks 4th.
• After last week's hit parade where the Golden Eagles' totaled 82 hits in three games, ORU leads the Summit League and ranks 32nd in the nation in hits with 283. LSU currently tops the list with 349 hits.
• ORU has eight players with an on-base percentage above .300 and is led by Anthony Sequeira at .459 which ranks 4th in the Summit League. However as a team, ORU leads the Summit League at .392 and ranks 29th nationally.
• During the Golden Eagles' eight-game winning streak, ORU is hitting .359 with four players over the .400 mark led by Audie Afenir (.455) and Nick Roark(.448). Afenir and Anthony Sequeira both lead the team with 14 RBI during the streak while Afenir is slugging .606 and Sequeira has an on-base percentage of .550.
UP NEXT FOR ORU
The Golden Eagles return home for a single mid-week game against No. 19 Texas Tech. First pitch from J. L. Johnson Stadium is set for 2 p.m.