Ochelata Woman Dies In Electrical Fire


Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 1:08 pm
By: News On 6


An electrical fire claimed the life of an Ochelata woman. Authorities say Glenda Smith was killed in a mobile home fire in the 400 block of East Main just before 3:30 Sunday morning.

Smith's husband told firefighters he tried to get his wife out of the home but couldn't. Assistant Fire Chief Lonnie Ingram said the man and woman were the only ones home when the fire started.

When firefighters got to the scene, they found Leslie Smith outside the burning home. Ingram said Glenda Smith was in her mid 70s.

Her husband credits his dog for waking him up and saving his life. The dog disappeared and is still missing.

The state fire marshall's office tells News On 6 the fire was caused by overloaded circuits.