Asian Skillet Shrimp and Sugar Snap Peas
2 tsp canola oil
1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced (or more to taste)
2 tsp ginger root, fresh, grated
1 small uncooked red onion(s), thinly sliced
2 cup(s) uncooked sugar snap peas
1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, frozen, large, thawed, drained, peeled and deveined
1 cup(s) canned chicken broth, divided
2 tsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
1/2 tsp unpacked brown sugar
2 cup(s) cooked brown rice
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and onion; cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add sugar snap peas; cook until crisp-tender, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp are almost cooked through and turn pink; about 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch; stir well to blend. Add remaining 3/4 cup broth and soy sauce.
3. Pour broth mixture into skillet, scraping up any browned bits with a spoon; stir in red pepper flakes and sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce thickens and shrimp are completely cooked, about 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Yields about 1 cup shrimp-vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup rice per serving.
BBQ Chicken Pizzas
2 spray(s) cooking spray
4 medium whole wheat tortilla(s)
1 cup(s) (chopped) cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s), or shredded
1/2 cup(s) barbecue sauce
3 oz Gouda cheese, smoked or regular, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 small uncooked red onion(s), cut in thin slivers
1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 1 or 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Place tortillas on prepared pan(s).
3. In a small bowl, toss chicken with barbecue sauce; divide among tortillas and sprinkle each with 3 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons onions. Bake until cheese melts and bottoms of tortillas are lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle each pizza with 2 tablespoons cilantro. Slice each pizza into 4 wedges and serve. Yields 1 pizza (4 wedges) per serving.
Cranberry-Maple Slow Cooker Oatmeal
8 cup(s) water
2 cup(s) uncooked steel cut oats
2/3 cup(s) dried cranberries, chopped
1/2 cup(s) maple syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp table salt
3 Tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
1. Combine all ingredients, except almonds, in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cook on low power for 4 to 6 hours, depending on desired creaminess.
2. Stir well to combine and then sprinkle with almonds. Yields about 3/4 cup oatmeal and 1 teaspoon almonds per serving.