3 lb. chicken [whole]
Evoo 2 tbl
Sea salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Diced yellow onions 2 each
Diced red pepper 1 each
Minced garlic clove 3 each
Cumin 3/4 tsp
Paprika 1 tsp
Chipotle 2 tbl
Peeled and diced tomatoes 1-14 oz can
Navy beans 2 - 14 oz cans
Chopped cilantro 1/2 cup
Diced red onion 1/2 cup
Chipotle puree 1/8 cup
Bread crumbs 1 cup
Vegetable stock as needed
Sliced avocado 1 each
1. Preheat oven to 425. Rub the chicken with 1 tbl. oil, salt & pepper.
2. Roast for about 25 to 30 minutes, reserve on the counter until cool.
3. Shread the cool meat with a fork and set aside.
4. Heat the soup pot over a medium flame. add the remaining evoo, onions,
bell pepper, garlic, spices and chipotle.
5. Cook for about 10 minutes until vegetables are soft.
6. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 1/2 hour to break the tomatoes down.
7. Add the beans and chicken. Adjust the seasonings with salt & pepper.
8. Check the consistency of the chili at this point. Add vegetable stock to reach the thickness you want.
9. Simmer for an additional ½ hour.
10. Serve in bowl and top with cilantro, avocado, bread crumbs, and chipotle puree.