Eufaula High School dismissed classes Monday morning due to a natural gas leak inside the school.
School superintendent Jeannette Smith said high school staff detected an odor of natural gas so it evacuated the building. She says the ONG crew that arrived on scene recommended the school remain closed until the source of leak could be found.
Smith says the 350 high school students were sent home for the day.
She said the district was originally scheduled to be off Monday for Presidents Day but the district recently decided to use Monday as a snow make-up day.
Smith said high school classes will resume Tuesday.