Tulsa International Airport Expecting Busy Weekend
Thursday, December 19th 2013, 3:01 pm
By: News On 6
Tulsa International Airport says this weekend travelers can expect the airport to be very busy place as folks head out of town for the holiday.
The airlines have told airport officials all flights out of Tulsa through Monday are nearly full.
Because of the extra traffic at the airport, TIA is advising passengers to arrive two hours before their scheduled departure time to avoid missing their airplane.
Before leaving, Tulsa International Airport offers passenger some additional tips:
- Liquids and gels in containers larger than 3.4 ounces should be packed in checked luggage.
- Liquids and gels in containers 3.4 ounces and smaller may be packed in carry-on bags, as long as the following conditions are met:
- The containers are 3.4 ounces or less.
- All containers must fit into one quart sized or smaller Ziploc bag.
- Passengers are limited to one bag.
- Travelers may carry on board one bag that fits in the overhead bin or under the seat, plus one personal item. Personal items include things such as purses, briefcases or laptops. A list of permitted and prohibited carry-on items is available at www.tsa.gov.
- Valuables including cameras, jewelry, documents, prescription medicine, and car keys should be placed in your carry-on luggage and kept with you at all times.
- Suitcases should be properly labeled on the exterior and interior of the bag with the pass