• One (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
• One-third cup Hiland Sour Cream
• One tablespoon Griffin's vanilla
• Two eggs
• Two teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
• One box yellow cake mix
• One teaspoon baking soda
• Four tablespoons Hiland Unsalted Butter, melted
• One-half cup Shawnee Mills All-Purpose Flour
• One-half cup brown sugar
• One-half cup chopped pecans
• One-half cup Griffin's Original Syrup
• One-third cup Hiland Heavy Whipping Cream
1. In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sour cream, vanilla, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cake mix and baking soda. Mix with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch cake pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine butter, flour, brown sugar and pecans. Sprinkle on top of cake batter. Bake cake in a 350-degree oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
3. While cake is baking, make the glaze by combining the syrup and cream in a small saucepan. Heat until it comes to a simmer, and then remove it from heat.
4. When cake is done, poke a few holes in the top and pour on the glaze.
5. Let cool slightly before cutting into pieces.
6. Delicious served with freshly whipped Hiland Heavy Whipping Cream and a dash of cinnamon.