4 Chicken Halves
4 oz. Joe's Pork and Poultry Rub
8 oz. Joe's BBQ Sauce
8 oz. Joe's Hot BBQ Sauce
• Fire up your Grill/Smoker with Charcoal; preheat your gas grill
• Make sure to build the fire to one side of the grill, or in the firebox so that you cook with indirect heat
• Sprinkle Joe's Pork and Poultry Rub liberally all over chicken halves
• Once charcoal is ready to cook on, add a few mesquite wood chunks to the fire; on your gas grill put some chips in a foil pouch and place right next to your burner
• Place chicken halves onto grill/smoker that is at a temperature around 275 F (If you have built your fire in the grill/smoker, then group the chicken breasts away from the coal bed and near the smoke stack.)
• Every 15 minutes, turn chicken. Add charcoal and wood as needed to maintain cooking temperature.
• Mix the BBQ Sauce together and preheat the sauce on grill
• After chicken halves have been on smoker for 1 ½ hour start to baste the chicken halves with sauce. Continue to baste and cook chicken halves until the reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees against the bone.
• Once you reach 160 degrees remove chicken halves from the grill and serve with your favorite side dishes.
• Oklahoma Joe's BBQ Chicken is available every day at our restaurants!