As football season draws close and closer, the University of Tulsa football team has announced details for the annual Football 101 For Women this summer.
The event provides a look into the behind-the-scenes action of TU football program for ladies only.
This year's event will take place on Thursday July 26 at 6:30 p.m. at the Case Athletic Complex, the north end zone building located at H.A. Chapman Stadium, on the TU campus, The cost is $25.00 per person. Proceeds from the event will go to benefit the Tulsa Chapter of the American Cancer Society.
"We had a great time last year. It was entertaining and a lot of fun for the coaches, and hopefully it was so for the women as well. I thought the women came away with a little bit more knowledge of how a college football program operates as well as becoming more knowledgeable about the game of football," said TU Head Coach Bill Blankenship. "We're looking forward to having another fun time talking TU football."
Coach Blankenship and the rest of the TU coaching staff will give ladies the opportunity to learn more about the game of football including more on the following topics:
• Division of Labor – What players DO and why
• Coaches – How can a man be the leader at work if he's not even in charge at home.
• Are those guys "Receivers" or "Retrievers"?
• Why are Quarterbacks usually so good looking?
• Being a "Hog" can be a good thing!
• How safe are Safeties?
• Who is Sam, Mike and Willie and what is their last name?
• If I knock the QB down do I really have to help him up?
• Why do we have "Tail" pads?
• How much does all that stuff weigh?
• What do the new uniforms look like?
• How do you organize travel and food for 150 players and staff to go to Ames, Iowa?
A BBQ dinner will be served and ladies registered will receive a Football 101 T-shirt.
Reservations for the event are required. To RSVP, contact the Golden Hurricane Club office at 918.631.2570 or email@example.com. The deadline to RSVP is Friday, July 20th.