Zucchini Oven Chips
• 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
• 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons fat-free milk (*May substitute egg beaters)
• 2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
• Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet.
3. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information: Servings 4; Serving Size ¾ cup; Amount per serving: Calories: 61; Calories from fat: 28%; Fat: 1.9g; Saturated fat: 1g; Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g; Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g; Protein: 3.8g; Carbohydrate: 7.6g; Fiber: 1g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Iron: 0.6mg; Sodium: 231mg; Calcium: 87mg
• 1 small zucchini
• Cooking spray
• 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh okra
• 2 tablespoons chopped onion
• 1 cup chopped tomato
• 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
• Dash of freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, okra, and onion; sauté 4 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
Nutritional Information: Serving 4; Serving Size ½ cup; Amount per serving Calories: 31, Fat: 0.4g; Saturated fat: 0.0g; Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g; Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g; Protein: 1.5g; Carbohydrate: 6.3g; Fiber: 1.3g; Cholesterol: 0.0mg; Iron: 0.0mg; Sodium: 8mg; Calcium: 0.0mg