Two Muskogee County Residents Burned Trying To Light Propane Stove

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 11:28 am

By: News On 6

Russell Hulstine,

PORUM, Oklahoma -- A man and woman are in a Tulsa hospital's burn unit after they suffered burns to the face and hands while trying to light a propane stove in their home late Tuesday evening.

Porum Fire Chief Jesse Wright says they got the call at 9:20 p.m. and were at the home until 3 a.m. Wednesday.

Wright says Muskogee County Emergency Medical Service treated the brother and sister, who were found outside the home.

Both were flown by medical helicopter to Hillcrest Hospital's burn center in Tulsa.   Their names have not been released.

Wright says the one story home was located in a rural area about 10 miles north of Porum.  The home was destroyed in the propane blast and resulting fire.

The Oklahoma Liquefied Petroleum Gas Board is investigating.


Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News On 6 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

September 29th, 2011

April 18th, 2022

April 18th, 2022

April 18th, 2022

Top Headlines

September 25th, 2022

September 24th, 2022

September 24th, 2022

September 24th, 2022