• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
• 2 Tablespoons grated lemon peel
• 3 Cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
• 2 Pounds green beans, remove stem ends
• 3 Tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
• Salt to taste (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, lemon peel, garlic, and parsley. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 6—7 minutes. Drain very well and place in a large bowl.
3. Toss beans with olive oil to coat thoroughly, add the parsley mixture and toss gently to coat thoroughly. Add pepper and salt to taster. Serve immediately.
Tips for preparing green beans:
• Just prior to using green beans, wash them under running water.
• Remove both ends of the beans by either snapping them off or cutting them with a knife.