• 1 Tbs fresh lemon peel, grated
• 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
• 1 Tbs olive oil
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
• 4 chicken thighs (boneless and skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds))
• 4 cup sliced summer squash, cut lengthwise into 4 wedges (and/or yellow squash)
• 1/4 cup fresh chives, snipped
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon peel, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper
until well blended. Remove 2 tablespoons of mix and place in a small cup.
2. Place thighs in bowl with lemon mixture and toss well to coat. Cover and
refrigerate for 30 minutes. In the meantime, preheat gas grill for grilling over medium heat.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill along with the cut squash,
discard remaining marinade from bowl.
4. Grill until chicken is thoroughly cooked and squash is tender, about 10-12
minutes. Turn chicken and squash once to brown evenly on both sides and
remove pieces to a cutting board as they are done.
5. Cut chicken into 1 inch wide strips and slice each piece of squash in half
crosswise. Place squash in a bowl and toss with reserved 2 tablespoons of
lemon marinade, add chicken and chives, mix well, and serve.
Tasty slices of grilled chicken marinated in lemon with fresh grilled summer squash.
Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 servings